As people who market travel services on the web, we are always looking for ways to attract more visitors. We are also always looking for ways to increase our site’s ability to turn visitors into prospects and later customers. A good measure of your site’s ability to produce prospects is the conversion rate. The conversion rate is calculated by dividing the number of leads your site generates by the number of visitors it receives.
Here are 6 of the most important ways in which you can increase a travel website’s conversion rate:
1. Having a quick loading site. Even though web connections are getting faster, there is really no excuse for having a slow loading website. Users have shorter and shorter attention spans and will leave your site if the loading time is long. You can use the Google PageSpeed Insights tool to measure your site’s speed and follow some of its recommendations to fix it.
2. Consider adding video testimonials to your site. Everybody knows text testimonials are easy to fake, but video testimonials on an actual travel destination gives potential customers a better indication that you run a real company with happy customers. If you don’t have the knowledge in house to edit video or the budget to hire a professional company to do it, consider creating a review page like this one.
3. Make your phone number and contact email stand out. A good location is on the top right side of your header. It sounds very elemental, but you would be surprised how many travel sites are out there with no visible telephone number and contact information.
4. Create a strong “About Us” page. Customers want to make sure they are working with a reputable company and the About Us page is your opportunity to show what sets your company apart. If possible include real pictures of your staff and a short bio of the people that make up your company.
5. Include your best travel services on the home page. Showcase your top selling services directly on the home page and high on the page.
6. Add a site wide contact form, promising to provide detailed pricing and availability. Ask for the customer’s contact information, number of travelers, travel dates and special requests. Promise a quick turnaround time and make sure you deliver on your promise.
These are just a few of the top ways in which a travel website can get more customers.